Why does our skin need care?
The skin is our largest organ and fulfills a number of very important functions such as:
* Protection against external aggression.
* Temperature regulation.
* Synthesis of vitamin D.
* Sense of heat, cold, touch and pain.
* Semi permeable barrier.
* Thus, the protection of the body by the skin against solar radiation, chemicals, and microorganisms and of the environmental insults play’s a central role.
Skin Changes That Come With Age
Inhibition of Melanin production
* Stimulation of melanocytes with a natural hormone called Alpha -Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone (Alpha-MSH)
Type of melanocytes: B16
* Quantification of melanin: measure of the optical density Complementary
* Evaluation of cell viability by the MTT assay
B-16 melanocytes, 20x magnified
Control 2 +MSH
Inhibition of Human Tyrosinaseactivity
* Protocol : Tyrosinase + Nano White + L –DOPA/ Against Controls
* Quantification Tyrosinase Activity : Measure of Melanin content by Optical density.
Both the laboratory test clearly proves that inhibition of Melanin and Tyrosinase activity is critical to maintaining normal skin tone, pigmentation with greater longevity and good skin health .